Procrastination. Probably one of the biggest killers of business success. Let's face it - we all have great ideas. But Implementing is where most of us get stuck.
Call this post a 'procrastination self-assessment'.
Go through each of the following statements and honestly ask yourself if you find yourself doing it. If you do, it's time to start getting more strategic, firing -off some will-power, finding your passion for your work again, or maybe getting a coach for some re-focus and accountability.
Procrastination self-assessment: Is this you?
- Focus on the magnitude of the job
- Imagine all the other fun things you could be doing
- Obsess about a tiny, insignificant, preferably unrelated detail
- Make a list of all the things you need to get done. Keep adding to it.
- Try out the endless games online
- Wait and see if it does itself
- Make a list of all the successful people you know who never do 'that'
- Feel bad about impoverished children in distant places who don't even have one
- Think of all things you love about your life right now and how –if you succeed—they might or will change
- Think of the loved ones who would get left behind or feel bad about themselves
- Enjoy how much faster it is to just think about the job than actually doing it
- Remember how good it feels to be able to drop everything and handle an emergency
- Look at the blank spaces on your calendar and revel in all the myriad possibilities to fill them with –enjoy the daydreaming
- Think of the last-minute, spontaneous friends you won't have time for or may have to say 'maybe another time' to
- Think about all the criticism you've heard in your life about people who act 'all that' when they succeed, you're not like them
How did you do? Did a few get ticked from this list?
Remember that worry is a misuse of your imagination, and procrastinating just putting off the greatness that you could be achieving. What are you afraid of? What do you need convincing of to just get going?
About the Author
Struggling with your course creation motivation?
Awaken Your Course Creation Mojo - and fire up your motivation with Sarah Cordiner's latest book.
Get it now in paperback or Kindle on Amazon
GET IT NOW
Yes! I need to awaken my mojo!